Thursday, January 13, 2011

Melodifestivalen rehearsals have started!


A little more than 2 weeks are left before Melodifestivalen fever when press will be listening and giving reviews to rehearsals, we'll be catching the most interesting pieces, news, photos, videos and giving you tips!
Schlagerzoot reports that since February 3rd every Thursday we'll be able to watch one minute clips from artists rehearsals on Melodifestivalen site. But already now we can catch pics and videos from started rehearsals.
Rickard Engfors this time works on show not only for Sebastian but as well for Jenny Silver and on his blog you can check pics from Jenny's rehearsal and video that you can see below. Also check video of casting for Danny's dancers team. And above you can see picture of Sara Lumholdt rehearsing with her team. Feels like after many static performances with nothing but microphone on a stage year ago we're gonna get a lot of complicated well-choreographed shows. And we love it! Don't we?

10 коммент.:

Anonymous said...

What if all this complicated coregraphy and the revolution in the vote system won't give any good result and Sweden will come again on bottom places?Will they go insane?:)))...The simple thing to do is to set the arena in Dusseldorf on fire.Europe will be shocked and maybe in 2012 we will go in Sweden;)))))...Forgive me:D
Tell me something Damian, SVT has received over 3000 songs, who selectes the semifinals entries?
How come every year Fredrik Kempe has so many songs competing in semifinals?Are there any complainings related to the selecting system?
With so many songs submitted,I guess that some of the composers never get to see their song selected!

Damian said...

Isn't it ilkar blog? :) Unfortunately don't know your name :)
Well, you know, I don't think anyone will go mad, Anna's fiasko was taken as few days shock but not a tragedy, Melodifestivalen still stays show for Swedes not for Europe and Eurovision and viewing rates show that Melodifestivalen is always much bigger than Eurovision in Sweden and bad results don't affect interest to MF, less interesting artists do. Example is record of received entries this year.
But to gain success at Eurovision you don't need to make selection at all, just to put proper efforts when you arrive to the contest and here you're so right! Last year it was the first time since 2006 when everything was done 100% by team but seems like the song hasn't clicked audience. I'm sure next year Sweden will finally will do it at Eurovision ;) It's time!
About selecting songs - yes, loads of complaining songwriters and articles about it. I see that it's not really pleasant for those who try but egoistically as viewer I want this year to get a bunch of glorious songs from shiny schlager-authors and compare with previous year with many new names. And if I'll like it I won't care and as schlagerfan to schlagerfan also recommend to you not to see MF as a bloody battle or hard long road to Eurovision but as just source of cool songs, lovely performances and positive emotions from Saturday to Saturday :)

Damian said...

And about who selects songs - this year half is selected by SVT channel and half is chosen by Christer Björkman but we're not gonna know soon who was chosen by whom.

Anonymous said...

No, it's not ilkar...I thought you knew who is....but that doesn't matter.Let see if I got it:
Fredrik Kempe is Bjorkman's best friend:))....
The way I see Melodifestivalen is a song contest with amazing performers and a bunch a of good song.
Unfortunately, I don't think that all see it that way!For example in 2009 Nina Soderquist hasn't qualified for the final and we were very angry for this fact.I think that she had a great song and her performance was awesome...but still didn't qualify
Anyway, here we see(or saw) Melodifestivalen as a model to follow, as a big thing, but last's year competition was kind of poor and I believe that this year is gonna be bad either...One last question and afterwards I'll leave you alone;)))....How swede people saw the victory of Lena last year?

Damian said...

Yep, you see it right, as almost every selection it has its mafia and faves :)
Oh, Nina is my second fave of 2009 (after Sarah), I've met her on signing session and she was one of the sweetest persons I've ever met.
You know I'm much more optimistic this year songs, in a contrast with 2010 I'm gonna like it especially :)
"Satellite" had very positive reaction, 3 weeks at #1 and golden status of single say more than words :)

Anonymous said...

Well, all swede are polite people...at least that's what I know.Well, there is mafia, I never thought at something like this in Sweden.In my mind there was like heaven:)))...I asked about Satellite because I don't agree with that girl of winning the Eurovision.Comparing to Hera Bjork's vocal range she is like The Easter Rabbit....But if this is what Europe like then so be it:)..Thank you;)

Damian said...

Hera was just perfect but I knew that it's too schlageristic for Europe so didn't expect anything :)
"Satellite" was West-European winner with West-European song so I'm not surprised that Sweden got that. I think it's ok song, not bad and not great, I prefer Jennifer Braun's version of Satellite from that German selection - it's still in my player :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, the song was the problem in Hera's case...Anyway with Eurovision you never know what may happen.Is it true that Charlotte Perrelli submitted a song for Melodifestivalen and she was rejected?Interesting in this year's competition is that Sanna Nielsen is coming with a Thomas G:son and Bobby Lundgren song, the way Carola did.
Interesting conversation we have here;))))

Damian said...

That's fine, it's always interesting for me to discuss MF with interesting person :)
I'll make another try - Adrian?))
About Charlotte - they offered to her "Something In Your Eyes" that's gonna be dansband-schlager in a vein of Tusen Och En Natt but she refused as she thinks that it's too soon for comeback so the song was given to Jenny Silver.
Yep, it's gonna be very interesting what Sanna will present, she says it's something really new for her but something uptempo and really good according to her words.

Anonymous said...

I gave refresh to the page a few times and thought you dumped me.Yes, Adrian:).She has a very good voice,Sanna.I like her:)