Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lisa Miskovsky - Lover


When I've heard that Lisa Miskovsky makes new album with Björn Yttling (Peter Björn & John, Sahara Hotnights, Primal Scream, etc.) firstly I was afraid she's gonna go back to calm acoustic roots that previously I couldn't fall for and after her amazing single "Still Alive" written with Rami and Arnthor Birgisson I refused to get something less interesting but my fears turned to be in vain as new Lisa's single sounds really impressive!
First single "Lover" from album "Violent Sky" (coming out on November 26) is planned for release already on September 27. It's very original track with heavily recognizable Lisa's music but huge hit potential mixing massive computer base and low sounding Lisa's vocal in verses blossoming in huge happy chorus with light gospel touch (probbaly it's choir that makes me think so).
Right after this I've checked previous Lisa's albums and found that I was actually quite wrong about them and they're full of quite different and original stuff, Sweden has a lot of indie-singers but seems like Lisa's on the top in mixing pop and indie in such original and nice way with very delicate taste. "Driving One Of Your Cars" (along with "Stay Alive") still stays my all-time favorite but I'm sure Lisa has a lot of surprises and new hits on her forthcoming album and you can already listen first one here.
I should thank Poster Girl for tips about the song and you should right now come and check new Vincent's single on her blog!

2 коммент.:

Poster Girl said...

Thank you for the shout-out :)

This news about new releases from her was a great find by you. I've been wondering when she'd come back! I don't worship everything she's done but she has made some great songs over the years (and changed her sound a good bit, but some of her more "adult contemporary"/atmospheric/indie recent songs have been so lovely that it's tough to really complain about her leaving behind that pop-rock sound that worked so well).

Myfizzypop said...

I'm excited for her coming back, really like her music and sort of forgot about her! It's weird when that happens but then you slip right back into loving her songs :) Hurrah!